Financial Assistance

Frequently Asked Questions About Financial Aid

The family is expected to make a financial contribution to the student’s education. The primary responsibility for meeting your educational expenses lies with you and your family. Information on financial aid application is provided upon acceptance into the program.

FAFSA – Eligibility for federal financial aid is determined from information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form (FAFSA). The most recent federal income tax information is used to complete financial information on the FAFSA. FAFSA forms are to be filled out on-line once the student is accepted into the program.

PELL – Financially eligible persons may receive a Pell Grant from the Federal Government up to $5,730.00.

Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP) – Students and/or their parents may apply for loans to pay for schooling directly through this federal government program. Dependent students may qualify to borrow a maximum of $5,500 based on financial need per fiscal year. Independent students may qualify to borrow a maximum of $9,500 per fiscal year based on need. Parents of dependent students may qualify to borrow up to a maximum of $12,000. FDLP terms and interest rates are set by federal regulation. Repayment does not begin until after graduation or withdrawal.

Alternative Private Loans – Eligible students may apply for alternative loans to pay for the balance of education costs based on demonstrated financial need and credit history.

Any loans borrowed by a student and/or parent must be repaid by the student/parent whether or not the student graduates, can find employment in nursing after graduation, or is dissatisfied with the education received while enrolled in the program.


  • The local PA Career Link may partially sponsor eligible candidates. Interested persons should contact the PA Career Link in their home county.
  • Eligible veterans may receive financial assistance from the Veteran’s Administration. Contact your local office of Veteran’s Affairs.
  • Eligible persons may receive financial assistance through the Workforce Investment Act, dislocated worker program (TAA) or NAFTA. Information is available through the local PA Career Link office.
  • Eligible persons may qualify for sponsorship through New Choices for a maximum award of $1,000.00. Contact the local PA Career Link office for more information.
  • The Pennsylvania Higher Education Foundation provides scholarships to financially eligible students as determined by school scholarship criteria. Information about eligibility will be sent to students after enrollment. Grants vary from year to year.
  • Eligible persons may qualify for limited assistance with equipment and uniform costs through the Department of Public Assistance (DPA) if receiving benefits at the time of acceptance into the program. Contact the local DPA office for additional information.
  • Students may request to establish a payment plan. All requests must be made prior to the start of class.
  • Students and/or their parents may apply for a home equity or personal loan to help pay for their education.

This program does not qualify to participate in the Pennsylvania State Grant Program due to the length of the program.

Student Lending Code of Conduct

Gainful Employment Information